Interior work done for the training / education center for STUD staff
National Stud, Newmarket – Student Accommodation
The National Stud, Newmarket in Suffolk (a subsidiary of the Jockey Club) provides education and training schemes for stud staff, constructed a new state of the art, 24-bed student accommodation hostel, complete with en-suite facilities, library, dining area, laundry and boot room.
- Furniture had to be hard wearing, functional and still be attractive
- Phased delivery to site to meet contractor requirements
- Bench seating (each in excess of 3.5mtrs long) had to be supplied in one piece
- Strict budget constraints
The brief from the contractor; Cocksedge Building Contractors Ltd. was to develop a bespoke range of study bedroom furniture. The furniture specified was a light oak finish with a contrasting grey Laminate top and consisted of;
- Single bed with integrated headboard and built in storage drawer
- Flame retardant contract mattress
- Bedside cabinet
- Pedestal desk with adjustable shelf
- Wall mounted bookcase
In addition, Ridgeway Furniture manufactured and installed floor to ceiling bookcases and a full width work top in the library, bespoke wooden benches for the ‘Boot Room’ and slatted wooden shelving for the laundry.
As Ridgeway Furniture manufactures all of their own furniture they were able to amend the design of the furniture during the manufacturing process to cater for variations on site and still meet the clients’ delivery deadline.
The in house team of skilled fitters was able to adapt the library furniture on site to make allowance for new pipe work within the room.